Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Lawd Jesus, a fire!"

There is a video on youtube that went viral a few months ago. It was an interview with a woman awakened by a fire in her apartment building complex. When she fully awakened to what was going on around her, she remarked, "Lawd Jesus, a fire!"

That expression has stuck with me in a special way. Going through various trials, I know from whence my help comes. I cannot linger in discouragement. "I lift my eyes to the hills -- from where will my help come? My help comes from the LORD, maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121 is one of those scriptural passages we need in our face daily to help us recall that when the fires of trials come to us that God has allowed, and we cry out "lawd Jesus, a fire!" and pray in the will of the Father, He will hear us. Our God who never sleeps, who keeps us from destructive evil that would try us beyond what He allows, our God who can keep our life for eternity, who keeps us in view marking our going out and coming in now and forevermore is able to do these things and come to the help of those who are tempted (Hebrews 2:18). I encourage you today to keep the psalm close and the Lord closer. Peace and joy from the Spirit of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment