Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Spiritual 'Byte'

The next time you go to get your hair ‘did’ or done, and/or cut, shampooed or whatever, remember Matthew 10:30: “And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered,” and Luke 12:7 “And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” Our all-knowing God, who knows better than our hair-care professionals the number of hairs on our heads, and which hairs will fall out, turn gray, or welcome new growth, is all-wise enough to know everything we need and what is best for our individual lives. Don’t worry, the price for this intimacy has already been paid! But don’t let the offer expire!

From Psalm 139: “O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord…You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed… Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment